If you take time off from work for childbirth
“A Maternity Allowance” is paid if a female insured person is unable to receive her salary due to time taken off from work for childbirth.
- If you cannot receive pay during time off from work for childbirth
- If you take maternity leave, childcare leave, or other similar leave
If you cannot receive pay during time off from work for childbirth
|Deadline:||As soon as possible|
|Applies to:||Female insured persons taking time off from work for childbirth.|
|Address inquiries to:||Please send any inquiries to the Health Insurance Society by e-mail
Mail address : Healthinsurance_Society@takeda.co.jp
|Notes:||Obtain a certificate from the doctor (or midwife). If you are a Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited employee, send the required documents to the HR Form Submission Point of Contact, Osaka HQ. Send the documents for procedures after loss of eligibility as an insured person directly to the Health Insurance Society. If you are not a Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited employee, submit to the section at your company responsible for health insurance administration.|
If you take maternity leave, childcare leave, or other similar leave
If the insured person applies to the employer for childcare or similar leave, the insured person will be exempted from the payment of insurance premiums during the leave period up to the child’s third birthday.
The insured person will also be exempted from the payment of insurance premiums during the period of maternity leave or paternity leave (newborn childcare leave) by applying to the employer for childcare or similar leave.
Procedures related to exemption from the payment of insurance premiums are conducted through the employer. Check with the person in charge at your establishment for more information.
- ** The period of childcare leave refers to the period you take off work for childcare leave or other similar leave that conforms to the system of childcare leave up to the child's third birthday.
- ** Period of maternity leave: Period during which you did not work due to pregnancy or childbirth, within the period starting 42 days before birth (98 days for multiple births) and ending 56 days after birth.
- ** Paternity leave (newborn care leave): A system under which eligible persons may take leave for up to four weeks during the eight-week period after the birth of a child. This leave may be taken separately from childcare leave.
There is no frequently asked questions and answers that have been registered.